Radio over IP (RoIP) transmits radio communications over IP networks to extend the range and interoperability of radio systems.
- Extend radio communications beyond line-of-sight
- Interoperate with other communications devices
- Enable radio communications between different systems
Our RoIP design solutions provide developers a variety of platforms while our comprehensive RoIP software provides a robust and highly configurable library including a Network Stack and SIP Stack with jitter control, as well as a wide range of voice compression, echo cancellation and noise reduction algorithms. Together with secure protocols SRTP, SDES, IPsec, and our encryption libraries, VOCAL’s RoIP software solution can ensure clear, private, and secure radio communications.
VOCAL’s Radio over IP source code is optimized for performance on ANSI C and DSP architectures from TI, ADI, ARM, AMD, Intel and other leading vendors. Custom designs are also available for our clients. Contact us for a demo and to discuss your specific RoIP application requirements.
Radio over IP Solutions
Radio over IP Communications
Radio Over IP uses VoIP protocols to transmit radio signals over an IP network such as the public Internet. In its simplest form, radio over IP converts a RF signal to digital data suitable for transport over an IP network. An IP radio network consists of some number of radios, which may include a combination of handheld, mobile, and fixed two-way radios, along with a RoIP gateway that provides the interface to an IP network.
Radio Over IP offers numerous advantages to both existing radio networks as well as new communications systems under development.
- Extend the range of an existing radio network. Users in IP radio networks can communicate with endpoints that are outside the range or line-of-sight of the local network.
- Access other devices. By using any number of available VoIP service providers, a radio can communicate with mobile devices, telephones and other end points anywhere in the world.
- Interoperability between IP radio networks. By providing a common interface between the different networks, two RoIP gateway devices can communicate with each other directly using the Internet Protocol regardless of the analog or digital local radio networks the gateways are associated.
VOCAL’s software is available for the following platforms. Please contact us for specific RoIP supported platforms.