VOCAL’s Multi-Band Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) software is available as an individual software library module or as part of VOCAL’s customizable Voice Quality Enhancement (VQE) SDK. As the name suggests, Dynamic Range Compression limits the difference between the minimum and maximum signal levels of an audio signal.
DRC is a useful signal processing tool for both playback and capture audio. DRC is often implemented after Automatic Gain Control (AGC) in a VQE package to help minimize the effect of overshoot artifacts. Multi-band DRC is critically important for products that need to adhere to ITU and TIA Telephone performance standards. Multi-band DRC provides the implementor the flexibility and control to compress the frequency bands as needed to meet loudness requirements.
- C callable functions
- Floating point and optimized fixed-point code available
- Narrowband (8kHz) to Full-band (48kHz) sampling rates supported
- 16-bit and 32-bit (for 24-bit audio samples) API
- Multiple Knee Point Configuration Parameters
- Knee Point Threshold
- Upward or Downward Compression
- Hard or Soft Knee
- Compression Ratio
- Attack and Release Times
- The number of bands and bandwidth configurable upon request
VOCAL’s dynamic range compression software is available for the following platforms. Please contact us for specific vocoder supported platforms and performance information.