VOCAL‘s HD Video reference design supports rapid development of point to point and multipoint high definition video conferencing and communications solutions with wideband audio and H.264 and MPEG-4 video capture and streaming.
Our HD Video design leverages the Texas Instruments DaVinci DM81xx (DM8168 and DM8148) family of digital media processors. It provides low-cost, integrated, multi-channel video over IP solutions with up to 3 – HD 1080p high definition or 12 – SD channels.
The HD video reference design enables developers to access and utilize any of the DaVinci DM81xx physical device interfaces to customize their products. The hardware interface board layout can be configured to access DM8168 and DM8148 DVI, HDMI and VGA interfaces. Contact us to discuss your HD video application requirements.
Multi-Channel HD Video Conferencing
VOCAL’s HD Video reference design can be used to create complete multi-channel high definition video conferencing solutions using the DM8168 (or DM8148) including endpoints and server with H.264 and MPEG-4 video streaming. The DM8168 EVM based reference design supports simultaneous H.264 channels with HD audio, video capture and full streaming of video over IP up to 1080p high definition. The DM8148 EVM based design supports only a single HD channel at 1080p high definition with multiple SD channels and full wideband audio.
VOCAL’s HD video design for TI DaVinci DM8168 accepts S-Video/composite and VGA/component video inputs and outputs multiple simultaneous SD and HD streams
When combined with the VOCAL Video Framework software, developers can create a superior user experience for multichannel DM8168 and DM8148 high definition video conferencing applications with full WB audio and H.264 and MPEG-4 video compression and noise reduction. Our Voice and Video over IP software library also provides a complete range of wideband and ultra-wideband audio codecs with beamforming, echo cancellation, dereverberation, and noise reduction algorithms for exceptional audio quality as well as SIP and other VoIP video conferencing protocols for smooth capture and playout. Our speaker diarization software can be combined with acoustic beamforming for efficient and robust source tracking during video conferencing.
- Turnkey high definition DM81xx video conferencing solution
- DM8168 version supports up to 3 – HD 1080p or 12 – SD channels
- DM8148 version supports 1 – HD 1080p or 2 – SD channels
- Configurable physical device interfaces including DVI, HDMI, and VGA
- Supports S-Video, VGA and DVI video
- Encode/decode video data streams
- H.264 and MPEG-4 video compression
- H.264 resolutions from QCIF to 1080p60
- Multichannel HD-to-HD or HD-to-SD transcoding with multi-coding
- Video noise reduction, de-interlacing and scaling
- Interoperability with third party standards based HD video conferencing systems
- Audio codecs including G.711, G.722, G.729 and Opus available
- Audio echo cancellation and noise reduction available
- Speaker diarization, tracking with beamforming available
- Custom design solutions available
- HD point to point and multipoint video conferencing
- Multimedia conferencing
- Multi-point Control Unit (MCU)
- Surveillance and monitoring
- HD video streaming
HD Video Reference Design Kit
VOCAL’s HD Video Reference Design Kit consists of a customizable, fully functional high definition DM8168 or DM8148 video conferencing hardware and software solution including:
- Complete custom firmware
- Technical engineering assistance with layout design and hardware bringup
- Lifetime product maintenance and support