Command set controller (CSC) software libraries include a general purpose CSC option for developers to support features offered by many command sets. These features include facsimile control (known as fax command sets class 1, 1.0, 2, 2.0 and 2.1), speech/audio coder control, speakerphone control, data modem control, caller ID, low-level multimedia control (V.80), V.8/V.8bis startup procedure control (V.251).
VOCAL’s Overall Modem Controller (OMC) Layer implements a command set independent modem. It can be used standalone (in systems that do not require command set control) or with the CSC layer. Our general purpose parse table structures can be customized for particular system requirements. Numerous command sets are already available (T.31, T.32, V.80, V.250 (V.25ter), V.253 (IS-101), EIA-615, industry standard, etc.).
VOCAL’s embedded software libraries include a complete range of ETSI / ITU / IEEE compliant algorithms, in addition to many other standard and proprietary algorithms. Our software is optimized for execution on ANSI C and leading DSP architectures (TI, ADI, AMD, ARM, MIPS, CEVA, LSI Logic ZSP, etc.). These libraries are modular and can be executed s a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel. Contact us to discuss your modem application requirements.
- Industry Standard Command Set
- V.250 (V.25ter) Command Set
- V.251 Command Set
- V.252 Command Set
- V.253/IS-101 Voice Command Set (Fclass 8)
- T.31 Fax Class 1/1.0 (EIA-514)
- Fax Class 2/2.0 (EIA-592)
- T.32 Fax Class 2.1 for V.34Fax
- Custom Command Set
- Hardware driver support available (SCC family, 8250 family, etc.)
- General purpose non-volatile memory support – customizable for various system configurations (E2, file system based, Windows 95/NT registry, intranet).
- Time Independent Escape Sequence (TIES) for data modes.
- TIA/EIA-232 E signal support.
- End-to-end V.24 signaling.
- Command Set Parse Tables support straightforward customization for range, default, special processing,
- Command Set Parse Tables available for V.80, V.250 (V.25ter), EIA-615, facsimile, IS-101, industry standard, others.
- Optional V.8/V.8bis support by command set (V.251) or inherent to CSC configuration.
- Low overhead buffering and flow control mechanisms.
- Multi-tasking environment compatible.
- DTE interface can be hardware, device driver, LAN/WAN data channel.
- Compatible with VOCAL’s Overall Modem Controller (OMC) Layer.
- Command set controller layer (with or without OMC) can reside within a Windows 95/NT VxD device driver.
- Optional feature supports voice command sets (V.253, IS-101).
- Optional feature supports DTMF detection during voice modes (V.253, IS-101).
- Optional features support North American and International dialing and procedures (Hook control, DTMF/Pulse Dialing, Call Progress Monitoring, DAA control).
- Call Progress includes monitoring for Primary/Secondary Dialtone, Busy, Congestion, Bong.
- Facsimile service class 1 features – commonly referenced as fax class 1 (T.31, EIA-578).
- Facsimile service class 2 features – commonly referenced as fax class 2 and fax class 2.0/2.1 (T.32, EIA-592, IS-134).
- Support for Data/Facsimile/Voice distinction available.
- Data modem protocol and modulations available
- Facsimile protocol and modulations available
- Speech vocoders available
- Multimedia control available (V.252, V.80)
- Cellular/GSM control available (IS-99, GSM07.07)
- In-band signaling and reflected commands available (V.80, EIA-617, IS-99)
- Telephony features such as caller ID, DTMF detectors, full duplex speakerphone, call progress detectors available (V.252, EIA-602, IS-101, industry standard).
VOCAL’s software is available for the following platforms:
- Texas Instruments – C6000 (TMS320C62x, TMS320C64x, TMS320C645x, TMS320C67x), C5000 (TMS320C54x, TMS320C55x), OMAP3 (OMAP35x, OMAP36x), OMAP4 (OMAP44x), Sitara (AM37x)
- Analog Devices – Blackfin, TigerSHARC, SHARC
- ARM – ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11, StrongARM, ARM Cortex-A8
- AMCC – PowerPC
- MIPS – MIPS32, MIPS64, MIPS4Kc
- AMD x86
Please contact us for command set controller supported platforms.
VOCAL’s command set controller software is available for the following Operating Systems:
- Google Android
- Apple iOS / iPhone / iPad & MacOS
- Unix, Linux, μClinux, BSD
- Microsoft Windows ACM / RTC / CE / Mobile
- eCOS / eCOSPro
- Wind River VxWorks
- Green Hills Integrity
- VOCAL LANsEND
- Micrium μCOS
Please contact us for other supported Operating Systems.