VOCAL’s acoustic echo canceller (AEC) software suite is optimized for leading DSPs and microprocessors to address different noise cancellation and control environment issues. Constraints include the volume of the enclosure, the required bandwidth, and the tolerable delay. Our AEC library is designed for ease of integration and customization by developers to meet such needs. It has been incorporated into Speakerphones (half/full duplex), Hands-Free Telephone Systems, Baby Monitors, as well as a variety of other products. VOCAL’s extensive experience in the optimization and tuning of acoustic echo cancellation algorithms for leading DSPs and processors means that we can provide unparalleled support for integrating our AEC library into your product.
VOCAL has developed a variety of solutions and software modules to address acoustic, line, and digital network echo cancellation issues. Our software is used in millions of installations world-wide, including the public telephone system, VoIP products, as well many other types of manufactured items. VOCAL engineers can provide custom solutions optimized to meet most types of processing and application requirements. Our acoustic echo cancellers support both standard 8kHz and wideband applications and have been rigorously tested to meet ITU compliance as well as our own proprietary testing.
Acoustic Echo Canceller software is a key component in VOCAL’s Voice Quality Enhancement (VQE) solution. The VQE System combines acoustic echo cancelling with Voice Activity Detection, Noise Reduction, Comfort Noise Generation, Beamforming, Packet Loss Concealment, and other voice quality enhancement algorithms to significantly improve the user listening experience.
AEC Software Features
- ITU G.168 Recommendation compliant
- Passes rigorous proprietary tests
- Rapid convergence
- Double talk detection
- Low divergence during double talk
- Fast re-convergence for echo path changes
- Long configurable echo tail length (up to 256ms)
- Non-linear Processing (NLP)
- Built-in noise reduction
- Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
- Supports user callable functions
VOCAL’s Acoustice Echo Canceller software may be licensed as source code or binary. Our AEC software is provided either as a standalone algorithm, in a library suite, or with a VoIP stack for custom integration with developer applications.
VOCAL’s embedded software libraries are available with a complete range of ETSI / ITU / IEEE compliant algorithms, including acoustic echo cancellation as well as many other standard and proprietary algorithms. Our software libraries are optimized for execution on ANSI C and leading DSP architectures. The libraries are modular and can be executed as a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel.
VOCAL’s AEC software is available for many supported platforms including:
- Texas Instruments – TMS320 C5000 / C6000 families, DaVinci, OMAP
- Analog Devices – Blackfin, ADSP-21xx, TigerSHARC, SHARC
- ARM – ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11, StrongARM
- iPhone / iPad
VOCAL’s AEC software is available for a variety of Operating Systems including:
- Android and iOS
- Unix, Linux, uClinux
- Microsoft Windows
- The Perception of Echo
- Robust Adaptive Algorithms
- Stereophonic\Multichannel Challenges
- Challenges of Wideband
- Handling of Nonlinearities
- Estimating Echo Return Loss and Return Loss Enhancement
- Joint Control of AEC and Post-Filter
- AEC and IP Networks
- Applications for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Hardware
- Anti-howling Software