VOCAL’s V.32bis / V.32 modem software is optimized for real-time execution on ANSI C and leading DSP architectures and can be configured for multichannel applications. It is available standalone, as part of an embedded library, or with a VoIP stack for integration with developer applications. The software libraries are modular and can be executed as a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel. Our V.32 / V.32bis software modem may be licensed by developers as binary or source code with custom designs available to meet unique application requirements. Contact us to discuss your modem application requirements.
V.32 / V.32bis Modulations
ITU-T V.32 defines the modulation methods and protocol operating sequences for a modem used on Switched Telephone Network 4-wire and on 2-wire circuits. Both full duplex and half-duplex modes are supported with bidirectional data transfer at either 9.6 kbps or 4.8 kbps and a symbol rate of 2,400 baud. ITU-T V.32bis specifies a modem allowing bidirectional data transfer at up to 14.4 kbps.
The line interface for the V.32 / V.32bis modem software may be an analog front end (codec and DAA) or a digital interface such as T1/E1, Switched 56, and ISDN. The upper end of this software can provide a PPP, HDLC, V.14, or a direct binary framing layer. Higher data protocol layers, V.42 (including MNP 2-4), V.44, V.42bis and MNP 5, are options as well.
The V.32bis / V.32 modulation family can be combined with other data modulations including V.92, V.90, V.34, and V.22bis / V.22 / V.23 / V.21. Automatic modulation detection (Automode) procedures include those of PN-2330, V.8 and V.8bis. V.32 and V.32bis data modulation software is fully compatible with VOCAL’s facsimile, telephony, speech coder and multimedia systems.
- Fully compliant with ITU V.32 / V.32bis recommendations
- Trellis coded modulations support data rates of 7200, 9600, 12000 and 14400 bps.
- Non-trellis coded modulations support data rates of 4800 and 9600 bps
- All carriers are 2400 symbols per second
- Modem MIB support (RFC 1696)
- Local and remote loopback diagnostics (V.54)
- Modular software suite available with controller code
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- DAA interface using linear codec at 7.2 kHz, 8.0 kHz or 16.0 kHz sample rate
- Direct interface to 8.0 kHz PCM data stream (A-law or μ-law)
- PPP (RFC 1662), HDLC, V.14 and direct binary framing layers
- North American and International Dialing/Telephony dialing functions available
- DTMF detection during voice modes available
- Data protocol layer (V.42/MNP 2-4/V.44/V.42bis/MNP 5) available
- VOCAL’s Overall Model Controller (OMC) Layer provides coordinated data modulation/data protocol operation relative to startup, shutdown, modulation retrains and modulation renegotiations
- System can be combined with V.110 rate adaptation software
- System can be combined with other modulations (V.92, V.90, V.34, et al.) and automode procedures (PN-2330, V.8 and V.8bis)
- Data/Facsimile/Voice Distinction upon startup is available. Complete facsimile systems, modulations (V.34fax, V.17, et al) and protocols (T.30), and speech coders available.
- Multiple modulation ports can be executed on a single DSP
VOCAL’s data modem software is available for the following platforms:
- Texas Instruments - C6000 (TMS320C62x, TMS320C64x, TMS320C645x, TMS320C67x), C5000 (TMS320C54x, TMS320C55x), OMAP3 (OMAP35x, OMAP36x), OMAP4 (OMAP44x), Sitara (AM37x)
- Analog Devices – Blackfin, TigerSHARC, SHARC
- ARM – ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11, StrongARM, ARM Cortex-A8
- AMCC – PowerPC
- MIPS – MIPS32, MIPS64, MIPS4Kc
- AMD x86
Please contact us for V.32 / V.32bis modem supported platforms.
VOCAL’s V.32 / V.32bis modem software is available for the following Operating Systems:
- Unix, Linux, uClinux
- Microsoft Windows ACM / RTC / CE / Mobile
- Mac OS
- Green Hills Software
Please contact us for other supported Operating Systems.