V.32bis / V.32 modem software is implemented for real-time execution with support for multichannel applications. The software libraries are modular and can be executed as a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel. Contact us to discuss your modem application requirements.
VOCAL’s V.32bis / V.32 modem software is optimized for performance on leading DSP architectures and processors from TI, Intel, ADI, AMD and other vendors. Our modem software may be licensed standalone, a library or complete design. Custom solutions are also available.
ITU V.32 / V.32bis
ITU-T V.32 defines the modulation methods and protocol operating sequences for a modem used on Switched Telephone Network 4-wire and on 2-wire circuits. Both full duplex and half-duplex modes are supported with bidirectional data transfer at either 9.6 kbps or 4.8 kbps and a symbol rate of 2,400 baud. ITU-T V.32bis specifies a modem allowing bidirectional data transfer at up to 14.4 kbps.
V.32 / V.32bis Modem Software
The line interface for the V.32 / V.32bis modem software may be an analog front end (codec and DAA) or a digital interface such as T1/E1, Switched 56, and ISDN. The upper end of this software can provide a PPP, HDLC, V.14, or a direct binary framing layer. Higher data protocol layers, V.42 (including MNP 2-4), V.44, V.42bis and MNP 5, are options as well.
The V.32bis / V.32 modulation family can be combined with other data modulations including V.92, V.90, V.34, and V.22bis / V.22 / V.23 / V.21. Automatic modulation detection (Automode) procedures include those of PN-2330, V.8 and V.8bis. V.32 and V.32bis data modulation software is fully compatible with VOCAL’s facsimile, telephony, speech coder and multimedia systems.
- Fully compliant with ITU V.32 / V.32bis recommendations
- Trellis coded modulations support data rates of 7200, 9600, 12000 and 14400 bps.
- Non-trellis coded modulations support data rates of 4800 and 9600 bps
- All carriers are 2400 symbols per second
- Modem MIB support (RFC 1696)
- Local and remote loopback diagnostics (V.54)
- Modular software suite available with controller code
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- DAA interface using linear codec at 7.2 kHz, 8.0 kHz or 16.0 kHz sample rate
- Direct interface to 8.0 kHz PCM data stream (A-law or μ-law)
- PPP (RFC 1662), HDLC, V.14 and direct binary framing layers
- North American and International Dialing/Telephony dialing functions available
- DTMF detection during voice modes available
- Data protocol layer (V.42/MNP 2-4/V.44/V.42bis/MNP 5) available
- VOCAL’s Overall Model Controller (OMC) Layer provides coordinated data modulation/data protocol operation relative to startup, shutdown, modulation retrains and modulation renegotiations
- System can be combined with V.110 rate adaptation software
- System can be combined with other modulations (V.92, V.90, V.34, et al.) and automode procedures (PN-2330, V.8 and V.8bis)
- Data/Facsimile/Voice Distinction upon startup is available. Complete facsimile systems, modulations (V.34fax, V.17, et al) and protocols (T.30), and speech coders available.
- Multiple modulation ports can be executed on a single DSP
VOCAL’s software is available for the following platforms:
- Texas Instruments - C6000 (TMS320C62x, TMS320C64x, TMS320C645x, TMS320C67x), C5000 (TMS320C54x, TMS320C55x), OMAP3 (OMAP35x, OMAP36x), OMAP4 (OMAP44x), Sitara (AM37x)
- Analog Devices – Blackfin, TigerSHARC, SHARC
- ARM – ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11, StrongARM, ARM Cortex-A8
- MIPS – MIPS32, MIPS64, MIPS4Kc
- Intel / AMD - x86, x64 (both 32 and 64 bit modes)
Please contact us for V.32 / V.32bis modem supported platforms.
VOCAL’s V.32 / V.32bis modem software is available for the following Operating Systems:
- Google Android
- Apple iOS / iPhone / iPad & MacOS
- Unix, Linux, μClinux, BSD
- Microsoft Windows ACM / RTC / CE / Mobile
- eCOS / eCOSPro
- Wind River VxWorks
- Green Hills Integrity
- VOCAL LANsEND
- Micrium μCOS
Please contact us for other supported Operating Systems.