VOCAL’s VoIP Gateway Reference Design interfaces legacy telephony connections and IP networks. It provides a standards-based product with an extensive features list, world-wide configurability, multilingual support, and simple upgrade/expansion paths. Our Reference Designs far surpass the competition in terms of cost advantage and time-to-market potential, achieving scalable channel density while supporting rapid integration of new features and modules. Contact us for a demo.
VOCAL’s VoIP Gateway software is optimized for DSPs and conventional processors from TI, ADI, ARM, AMD, Intel and other leading vendors. Our VoIP Gateway reference design is available for licensing as a turn-key product (ATA and VPBX Home Gateway) or as software and hardware engineering designs for your application development. Please contact us to discuss your application requirements.
We have over 25 years of custom design and development experience in the telecommunications industry, our expertise and extensive customization support will result in the product you want at an unbeatable cost. Since VOCAL provides both the hardware design and a complete, optimized software solution, the result is a fully integrated, robust product which can be brought to market quickly.
VOCAL’s VoIP Gateway converts between legacy telephony connections and IP networks using a VoIP connection and SIP. Our VoIP gateway converts voice media between a digital TDM connection, such as E1, T1, or PRI (Primary Rate Interface), and the VoIP connection. The conversion can be SIP to TDM, TDM to SIP or even SIP to SIP.
VOCAL’s VoIP Gateway can also interface a legacy PBX system to a more cost effective SIP trunk connection. The VoIP or IP Media Gateway acts as a bridge connecting the legacy system using a PRI interface and the SIP service provider using an IP network interface. Likewise the VoIP Gateway can connect a VoIP-only system to a PSTN trunk.
Complete listings of all the features and technical specifications are available. Highlights of our VoIP Gateway Reference Design include:
- WAN support (ethernet, cable modem or DSL) and WLAN support
- Multiple line support for FXS and FXO ports with multiple ethernet ports
- SIP and/or MGCP support with multiple VoIP providers
- Encrypted communication using secure RTP (SRTP) with SDES or proprietary key negotiation
- Network stack with NAT/firewall support
- Voice codecs such as G.711, G723.1, G.726, G.729AB, MELP, and iLBC vocoders
- High performance echo cancellers
- An extensive set of telephony features
- Call progress tones with world-wide configurability
- Ringing patterns with multiple ringing tones, message waiting (tone/ring/visual), etc
- Quality of service configurability
- Flexible configuration and provisioning options
- Multilingual Web configuration via built-in Web server and hierarchical user levels
- Mass production support for flashing code image, firmware configuration, and testing
- Remote administration and firmware update
- Power-off/911 service failover
Reference Design Kit
VOCAL’s VoIP Gateway Reference Design Kit provides developers a customizable, fully-functional hardware and software solution with:
- Complete custom firmware
- Technical engineering assistance with layout design and hardware bringup
- Lifetime product maintenance and support
The compliance of our telephony software to industry standards has been consistently demonstrated over the course of many years of software and hardware development and testing. Over 10 million ports of VOCAL products have been shipped by our customers using VOCAL’s voice processing, data and facsimile modulations, data protocols, facsimile command sets, and network protocol stacks. Many high density server systems have been developed using VOCAL software, each meeting extensive interoperability standards.
Our VoIP software suite works seamlessly with popular industrial servers such as those available from Cisco, Quintum, NetCentrex, and Asterisk. VOCAL has conducted exhaustive compatibility and interoperability testing using many VoIP providers. Device configuration can be completely managed using the web interface built into the firmware or restricted as desired by the licensee. For further information regarding compatibility and interoperability testing, please contact us.