VOCAL’s RoIP Gateway provides a complete communications solution for interconnecting different radio systems over IP networks. Our gateway design provides cost effective links between radio networks in remote areas where long distances, difficult terrain or other conditions make continuous line of sight communications cost prohibitive. Contact us to discuss your radio over IP application.
VOCAL’s RoIP software is optimized for performance on ANSI C and leading DSP architectures from TI, ADI, ARM, Intel and other vendors. Our RoIP Gateway Reference Design may be licensed as a complete turn key system with custom solutions available to meet your specific requirements.
- Turn key RoIP Gateway hardware and software solution
- Supports full duplex and half duplex modes of operation
- Supports PTT and other radio control signaling
- Support for RoIP with and without ED-137
- MELPe, G.711, G.729AB and other standard voice codecs available
- Robust echo canceller and noise reduction software available
- Network stack with adaptive jitter control available
- SRTP for secure communications available
- Custom design solutions available
- Interoperate Industrial, Commercial, Medical and Mobile Radio Networks
- Home Land Security
- Public Safety / First Responders
RoIP Gateway Reference Design
VOCAL’s RoIP Gateway reference design enables rapid development of networked RF applications using IP protocols. Our RoIP solution is compatible with various radio standards and supports both full-duplex and half-duplex RF. The RoIP gateway radio controller interfaces with the local radio unit to transmit and receive RF signals on the local radio network. The radio controller supports full and half-duplex radio communications as well as PTT and other radio controls. The media processor sends and receives digital radio packets over an IP network.
VOCAL’s RoIP Gateway supports full and half-duplex RF communications using radio over IP networks
VOCAL’s RoIP software provides application developers a highly configurable framework with a network stack, jitter control, RTP, and other networking protocols. In addition, our software provides a wide range of voice compression algorithms including MELPe, G.711, G.722, Speex, etc. as well as robust echo cancellation and noise reduction algorithms. When combined with SRTP, SDES, IPsec and encryption, VOCAL’s comprehensive RoIP software can ensure secure communications with superior voice quality in the most challenging of environments.
Reference Design Kit
VOCAL’s RoIP Gateway RDK consists of a customizable, fully-functional hardware and software solution including:
- Complete custom firmware
- Technical engineering assistance with layout design and hardware bringup
- Lifetime product maintenance and support
VOCAL’s optimized software is available for the following platforms. Please contact us for specific RoIP gateway supported platforms.