ITU G.711.1 Software
- Wideband extension of G.711 a-law and mu-law data
- Narrowband and Wideband Sampling Rates supported
- Configurable data rates (64, 80, 96kbps)
- Optimized for DSPs, RiSC, CISC processors
- ITU G.711.1 compliant
VOCAL offers the G.711.1 codec software as a standalone algorithm, as part of a modular software library suite, as well as with a VoIP stack.
G.711 is the most utilized codec for VoIP communications. ITU G.711.1 is a backwards compatible enhancement of the G.711 codec. G.711.1 is a scalable codec with four operating modes consisting of three layers of encoding. The base layer is the G.711 A-law/mu-law 64kbps codec. The additional layers provide improved quality and intelligibility of G.711. The first enhancement layer uses an adaptive perceptual filter to improve on the quantization of the narrowband base layer. This process adds 16kbps worth of data. The second enhancement layer, uses the upper band of a wideband signal and encodes the data using the Modified Discrete Cosine Transform (MDCT). All modes use the G.711 base layer. Modes R1 and R2a operate on narrowband (8kHz sampling) signals. Mode R1 uses only the base layer and Mode R2a uses the narrowband extension layers resulting in a data rate of 80kbps. Modes R2b and R3 operate on wideband (16kHz sampling) signals. Wideband signals are split into upper and lower 8kHz signals. Mode R2b adds the upper band enhancement layers resulting in a data rate of 80bkps, and Mode R3 adds both lower and upper band enhancements for a data rate of 96kbps. All of modes process frames 5ms of length. The algorithmic latency is 11.875ms.
- Compliant with G.711.1 Specification
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multichannel implementation
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- Selectable frame/buffer memory size according to the system needs
- MISRA compliant version (with limited deviations) available
- Audio Processing Software
- Fractional Resampling
- Efficient Implementation of LPC Analysis Filters
- Linear Phase Filters in Acoustic Echo Cancellation
- Audio Solutions
VOCAL’s optimized vocoder software is available for the following platforms. Please contact us for specific vocoder supported platforms.