Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) software is used in Radio, Mobile, VoIP and Voice communications.
- Provides High Speech Quality Enhancement for Full Duplex communications
- Robust and Configurable Design
- ITU, ETSI, Apple Car Play, Microsoft Teams Compliancy support
- Optimized for DSP, ARM and other processors
- Custom AEC solutions available
VOCAL’s Acoustic Echo Cancellation software is available as a standalone algorithm, a library, with a VoIP stack and our Voice Quality Enhancement System. Our AEC software is optimized for execution on all major general purpose and DSP architectures (Intel, AMD, ARM, Texas Instruments (TI), Analog Devices (ADI), MIPS, etc.) and portable enough to run on just about anything. Our AEC software is used in millions of installations world-wide, including conferencing speakerphones, IP intercom systems, V2oIP videoconferencing systems, aeronautical headsets, and smart speakers. Contact us to discuss your Acoustic Echo Cancellation application requirements.
Acoustic Echo Cancellation
VOCAL’s acoustic echo cancellation algorithm estimates the transfer function of the acoustic environment from the enclosed loudspeaker to the device microphone and cancels received echoes from the microphone signal. Constraints include the volume of the enclosure, the required bandwidth, and the tolerable delay.
VOCAL’s embedded software libraries include a complete range of ETSI / ITU / IEEE compliant algorithms as well as many other standard and proprietary algorithms. Our acoustic echo cancellation and noise control software is modular and can be executed as a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel. Our extensive experience in the optimization and tuning of acoustic echo cancellation algorithms for ANSI C and DSP architectures means that we can provide our customers unparalleled technical support.
- Optimized for ANSI C and leading architectures
- ITU G.167 Recommendation compliant
- Rapid convergence
- Fast re-convergence for echo path changes
- Advanced double talk detection with low divergence during double talk
- Non-linear Processing (NLP)
- Built-in Noise Reduction
- Long configurable echo tail length (up to 512ms)
- Configurable narrowband(8kHz), wideband(16kHz), super-wideband(32kHz), fullband(44.1kHz,48kHz), and high-resolution fullband(96kHz) sampling rates
- Automatic echo delay estimation
- Anti-howling control
- Automatic Gain Control
- Stereo and Multiple Mic Modes available
- Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) with noise matching feature
- Portable, re-entrant and re-locatable library code
- Supports user callable functions
- API operates on 16-bit sample data (32-bit API for 24-bit sample data is available upon request)
- Echo Cancellation Design
- G.167 AEC software
- Adaptive Acoustic Echo Cancellation
- Stereophonic / Multichannel Challenges
- Applications for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Hardware
- Anti-howling Software
VOCAL’s optimized Echo Cancellation software is available for the following platforms. Please contact us for specific Echo Cancellation supported platforms.