VOCAL‘s HD Video Design supports rapid development of point to point and multipoint high definition video conferencing solutions with wideband audio and H.264 and MPEG-4 video capture and streaming. Our reference designs leverage the Texas Instruments DaVinci DM81xx (DM8168 and DM8148) family of digital media processors along with the TVP7002, TVP5147, TVP5158 and SiL1161 decoder technologies to provide low-cost, integrated, multi-channel video solutions with up to 3 – HD 1080p or 12 – SD channels. Contact us to discuss your video application requirements.
VOCAL’s HD video design enables developers to access and utilize any of the DaVinci DM81xx physical device interfaces to customize their products. The hardware interface board layout can be configured to access DM8168 and DM8148 physical device interfaces including DVI, HDMI and VGA.
Multi-Channel HD Video Conferencing Design
VOCAL’s HD Video design can be used to create complete high definition DM8168 and DM8148 video conferencing solutions including endpoints and server with H.264 and MPEG-4 video streaming. The DM8168 based reference design supports multiple simultaneous H.264 channels with wideband audio and full streaming up to 1080p in high definition. The DM8148 supports a single HD channel, multiple SD channels, and full wideband audio.
VOCAL’s TI DaVinci DM8168 video reference design accepts TVP 7002, TVP 5147, TVP5158 or SIL1161 inputs and outputs multiple simultaneous SD and HD streams
When combined with VOCAL’s Multi-Channel Video Framework software, developers can create a superior user experience for DM8168 and DM8148 high definition video conferencing applications with full WB audio and H.264 and MPEG-4 video compression and noise reduction. Our Voice and Video over IP software library provides a complete range of wideband and ultra-wideband audio codecs with beamforming, echo cancellation, dereverberation, and noise reduction algorithms for exceptional audio quality as well as SIP and other VoIP video conferencing protocols for smooth capture and playout. Our speaker diarization software can be combined with acoustic beamforming for efficient and robust source tracking during video conferencing.
HD Video Reference Design Kit
VOCAL’s HD Video Reference Design Kit consists of a customizable, fully functional high definition DM8168 or DM8148 video conferencing hardware and software solution including:
- Complete custom firmware
- Technical engineering assistance with layout design and hardware bringup
- Lifetime product maintenance and support
HD Video Design Features
- Turnkey high definition DM81xx video conferencing hardware and software solution
- Custom design solutions available
- Configurable physical device interfaces including DVI, HDMI, and VGA
- H.264 and MPEG-4 video compression
- H.264 resolutions from QCIF to 1080p60
- Multichannel HD-to-HD or HD-to-SD transcoding with multi-coding
- Video noise reduction
- Industry standard audio codecs including G.711, G.722 and G.729 available
- Acoustic echo cancellation, speech dereverberation, and audio noise reduction available
- Speaker diarization, tracking and acoustic beamforming available
- Interoperability with third party standards based HD video conferencing systems
- DM8168 version supports up to 3 – HD 1080p or 12 – SD channels
- DM8148 version supports 1 – HD 1080p or 2 – SD channels
- Supports multiple input processors including:
- TVP5158 multi-channel video decoder
- TVP5147 standard definition decoder
- TVP7002 video and graphics digitizer up to 1080p.
- Sil1161 DVI receiver up to 1080p
HD Video Applications
- HD point to point and multipoint video conferencing
- Multimedia conferencing
- Multi-point Control Unit (MCU)
- Surveillance and monitoring
- Server with full HD streaming
- Recording and playback