VOCAL’s V.29 fax software is optimized for leading DSPs as a real-time implementation that can be configured to support multichannel applications. Our V.29 soft modem is available standalone, as part of an embedded library, or with a VoIP stack for integration with developer applications. The V.29 soft modem libraries are modular and can be executed by developers as a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel. Our V.29 fax software may be licensed as a library or complete design with custom designs available. Contact us to discuss your V.29 fax software application requirements.
V.29 Soft Modem
VOCAL’s V.29 fax software implements ITU-T V.29 which defines the modulation methods and operating sequences for a 9600 bps modem used primarily for use on point-to-point 4-wire leased telephony circuits. Data transmission is at 9.6 kbps, with fallback rates of 7.2 kbps and 4.8 kbps, with symbol rate of 2400 symbols per second. V.29 may operate in either full duplex or half-duplex mode.
All of the V.29 facsimile modulations and data streams can be controlled with VOCAL’s T.30 library or with VOCAL’s facsimile service Class 1 Command Set(EIA-578 and T.31). The T.30 library could in turn be controlled by VOCAL’s facsimile service Class 2 Command Sets T.32 (Fax Class 2.1), EIA-592 (Fax Class 2.0), or industry standard (Fax Class 2). With Fax Class 1, most of the protocol is executed in software, with the advantage that any changes don’t require hardware modifications. This is in contrast to Class 2, where image processing is handled by the modem.
The line interface for V.29 may be an analog front end (codec and DAA) or a digital interface such as T1/E1, Switched 56, and ISDN. The upper end of the V.29 fax software offers a direct binary and HDLC interface.
- Fully compliant with ITU V.29 recommendations
- Modular software suite available with controller code
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- Multichannel implementation
- DAA interface using linear codec at 7.2 kHz, 8.0 kHz or 16.0 kHz sample rate
- Direct interface to 8.0 kHz PCM data stream (A-law or μ-law)
- North American and International Dialing/Telephony dialing functions available
- DTMF detection during voice modes available
- Facsimile protocol layer (T.30 with ECM/BFT) available
- Facsimile service class 1 command sets (T.31 and EIA-578) available
- Facsimile service class 2 command sets (T.32, EIA-592 and industry standard fax class 2) available.
- System can be combined with V.34fax facsimile modulations and startup procedures (V.8 and V.8bis).
VOCAL’s Fax software is available for the following platforms:
- Texas Instruments - C6000 (TMS320C62x, TMS320C64x, TMS320C645x, TMS320C67x), C5000 (TMS320C54x, TMS320C55x), OMAP3 (OMAP35x, OMAP36x), OMAP4 (OMAP44x), Sitara (AM37x)
- Analog Devices – Blackfin, TigerSHARC, SHARC
- ARM – ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11, StrongARM, ARM Cortex-A8
- AMCC – PowerPC
- MIPS – MIPS32, MIPS64, MIPS4Kc
- AMD x86
Please contact us for specific V.29 Fax supported platforms.
VOCAL’s V.29 Fax software is available for the following Operating Systems:
- Google Android
- Apple iOS / iPhone / iPad & MacOS
- Unix, Linux, μClinux, BSD
- Microsoft Windows ACM / RTC / CE / Mobile
- eCOS / eCOSPro
- Wind River VxWorks
- Green Hills Integrity
- VOCAL LANsEND
- Micrium μCOS
Please contact us for other supported Operating Systems.