VOCAL’s V.27 fax software is optimized for leading DSPs as a real-time implementation that can be configured to support multichannel applications. It is available standalone, as part of an embedded library, or with a VoIP stack for integration with developer applications. The V.27ter fax libraries are modular and can be executed by developers as a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel. Our V.27 fax software may be licensed as binary or source code with custom designs available. Contact us to discuss your V.27 fax software application requirements.
V.27ter Fax Modulations
VOCAL’s V.27 Fax Software implements ITU-T V.27ter which defines the modulation methods and operating sequences for a 4800/2400 bps duplex modem designed for use on connections set up by switching in the general telephone network. Data transmission is at 4.8 kbps, with a fallback rate of 2.4 kbps, with symbol rates of either 1200 or 1600 symbols per second.
Software developers can control all of the V.27ter facsimile modulations and data streams with VOCAL’s T.30 library or with VOCAL’s facsimile service Class 1 Command Set(EIA-578 and T.31). The T.30 library could in turn be controlled by VOCAL’s facsimile service Class 2 Command Sets T.32 (Fax Class 2.1), EIA-592 (Fax Class 2.0), or industry standard (Fax Class 2). With Fax Class 1, most of the protocol is executed in software, with the advantage that any changes don’t require hardware modifications. This is in contrast to Fax Class 2, where image processing is handled by the modem.
The line interface for the V.27ter fax software may be an analog front end (codec and DAA) or a digital interface such as T1/E1, Switched 56, and ISDN. The upper end of this software offers a direct binary and HDLC interface.
- Fully compliant with ITU recommendations
- Modular software suite available with controller code
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- Multichannel implementation
- DAA interface using linear codec at 7.2 kHz, 8.0 kHz or 16.0 kHz sample rate
- Direct interface to 8.0 kHz PCM data stream (A-law or μ-law)
- North American and International Dialing/Telephony dialing functions available
- DTMF detection during voice modes available
- Facsimile protocol layer (T.30 with ECM/BFT) available
- Facsimile service class 1 command sets (T.31 and EIA-578) available
- Facsimile service class 2 command sets (T.32, EIA-592 and industry standard fax class 2) available.
- System can be combined with V.34fax facsimile modulations and startup procedures (V.8 and V.8bis).
VOCAL’s Fax software is available for the following platforms:
- Texas Instruments - C6000 (TMS320C62x, TMS320C64x, TMS320C645x, TMS320C67x), C5000 (TMS320C54x, TMS320C55x), OMAP3 (OMAP35x, OMAP36x), OMAP4 (OMAP44x), Sitara (AM37x)
- Analog Devices – Blackfin, TigerSHARC, SHARC
- ARM – ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11, StrongARM, ARM Cortex-A8
- AMCC – PowerPC
- MIPS – MIPS32, MIPS64, MIPS4Kc
- AMD x86
Please contact us for specific V.27ter Fax supported platforms.
VOCAL’s V.27ter Fax software is available for the following Operating Systems:
- Unix, Linux, uClinux
- Microsoft Windows ACM / RTC / CE / Mobile
- Mac OS
- Green Hills Software
Please contact us for other supported Operating Systems.