VOCAL Fax Modulations software suite offers a comprehensive Group 3 Fax solution optimized for a wide variety of platforms. This includes complete and robust implementations for ITU-T modulations V.17, V.29, V.27ter, V.21 channel 2, and V.34. Our software is available for licensing as binary or source code. Custom solutions are also available for unique application requirements.
As an option, these modulations can be combined with VOCAL’s V.34Fax to provide image transfer rates of up to 33600 bps. The V.21 channel 2 and V.27ter are the minimum requirements for Group 3 Fax. For non V.34fax, V.21 channel 2 is used to transfer T.30 control frames. The “high speed” modulations V.27ter, V.29 and V.17 are used for the “compressed image” transfer. The term “compressed image” is used loosely here, as the high speed data may in actuality be other data, such as in the case of binary file transfer (BFT).Using the Command Set Controller (CSC) in VOCAL’s T.30 library or with VOCAL’s facsimile service Class 1 Command Set(EIA-578 and T.31) all of the facsimile modulations and data streams can be controlled. The T.30 library could in turn be controlled by VOCAL’s facsimile service Class 2 Command Sets T.32 (Fax Class 2.1), EIA-592 (Fax Class 2.0), or industry standard (Fax Class 2). With Fax Class 1, most of the protocol is executed in software, with the advantage that any changes don’t require hardware modifications. This is in contrast to Fax Class 2, where image processing is handled by the modem.
The line interface may be an analog front end (codec and DAA) or a digital interface such as T1/E1, Switched 56, and ISDN. The upper end of this software offers a direct binary and HDLC interface.
- V.34 fax - 2400 to 33,600 bps
- V.17 - 7200, 9600, 12,000 and 14,400 bps
- V.33 – 12000 and 14400 bps
- V.29 - 7200 and 9600 bps
- V.27ter - 2400 and 4800 bps
- V.21 Channel 2 - 300 bps FSK
- Fully compliant with ITU Recommendations
- Modular software suite available with controller code
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- Multichannel implementation
- DAA interface using linear codec at 7.2 kHz, 8.0 kHz or 16.0 kHz sample rate
- Direct interface to 8.0 kHz PCM data stream (A-law or μ-law)
- North American and International Dialing/Telephony dialing functions available
- Facsimile protocol layer (T.30 with ECM/BFT) available
- Facsimile service class 1 command sets (T.31 and EIA-578) available
- Facsimile service class 2 command sets (T.32, EIA-592 and industry standard fax class 2) available.
- System can be combined with V.34fax facsimile modulations and startup procedures (V.8 and V.8bis).
- TI TMS320C62x, C64x, C67x, DaVinci
- TI TMS320C54x, TMS320C55x
- TI OMAP
- ADI Blackfin, ADSP-21xx
Please contact us for details regarding other supported platforms.