VOCAL’s V.92 modem software implements the ITU V.92 recommendation which refers to procedures between a digital and an analog modem. The V.92 analog modem, which may be connected to the PSTN through either an analog or digital interface, transmits and receives G.711 PCM signals. The V.92 digital modem, which is connected to the PSTN through a digital interface, transmits and receives G.711 PCM signals.
VOCAL’s V.92 modem software may be licensed as source code or binary. Our V.92 soft modem is available standalone or as part of a library suite for integration with OEM developer applications. Custom designs are also available. Contact us to discuss your modem application requirements.
VOCAL’s embedded software libraries include a complete range of ETSI / ITU / IEEE compliant algorithms, such as V.92, in addition to many other standard and proprietary algorithms. Our software is optimized for execution on ANSI C and leading DSP architectures (TI, ADI, AMD, ARM, MIPS, CEVA, LSI Logic ZSP, etc.). These libraries are modular and can be executed as a single task under a variety of operating systems or standalone with its own microkernel.
V.92 is an ITU dial-up modem standard that provides increased upload speeds (PCM upstream or PCMU), quicker connect times (Quick Connect or QC), and a Modem-On-Hold (MOH) feature that allows the modem to work in conjunction with call waiting provided by the phone company. Each of these V.92 software features can be used independently.
Depending upon the V.92 configuration selected, the line interface may be an analog front end (codec and DAA) or a digital interface such as T1/E1, switched 56 and ISDN. The upper end of this software can provide PPP, V.14, HDLC or direct binary framing layers. Higher data protocol layers, such as, V.42 (including MNP 2-4), V.44, V.42bis and MNP5 are options as well.
The V.92 modulation family can be combined with other data modulations (V.90, V.34, V.32bis/V.32, and V.22bis/ V.22/V.23/V.21). V.8/V.8bis startup procedures can be used. All V.92 data modulation software is fully compatible with VOCAL’s facsimile, telephony, speech coder and multimedia systems.
The V.92 Soft Modem Features include:
- Supports MIB (RFC 1696).
- Provides 22 modulation rates in range of 28000 bps to 56000 bps, in increments of 1 1/3 kbps. (Administration requirements may restrict maximum rates/power allowed).
- Supports V.90 plus configurations including PCM upstream, Quick Connect, Modem-on-Hold, PCM upstream and Modem-on-Hold, PCM and Quick Connect, MOH plus Quick connect, and MOH plus Quick connect plus PCM upstream.
- Multi-tasking environment compatible.
V.92 Modem Software Block Diagram
VOCAL’s software design supports both V.92 Server and Client configurations
VOCAL’s data modem software is available for the following platforms:
- Texas Instruments - C6000 (TMS320C62x, TMS320C64x, TMS320C645x, TMS320C67x), C5000 (TMS320C54x, TMS320C55x), OMAP3 (OMAP35x, OMAP36x), OMAP4 (OMAP44x), Sitara (AM37x)
- Analog Devices – Blackfin, TigerSHARC, SHARC
- ARM – ARM7, ARM9, ARM9E, ARM10E, ARM11, StrongARM, ARM Cortex-A8
- AMCC – PowerPC
- MIPS – MIPS32, MIPS64, MIPS4Kc
- AMD x86
Please contact us for specific V.92 modem supported platforms.
VOCAL’s V.92 modem software is available for the following Operating Systems:
- Unix, Linux, uClinux
- Microsoft Windows ACM / RTC / CE / Mobile
- Mac OS
- Green Hills Software
Please contact us for other supported Operating Systems.