VOCAL’s Video PBX Reference Design enable licensees to create next-generation video products with a rich, flexible feature set, world-wide configurability, multilingual support, and simple upgrade/expansion paths. Our Video PBX provides cost-effective videotelephony and high quality videoconferencing for home or small/medium sized businesses. Features include sending/playing streaming video, web browsing, email, instant messaging, media player (including mp3, videos, etc.), and digital recording.
VOCAL’s highly optimized On-One™ DSP technology can significantly reduce materials cost. By running all DSP functions and application protocols under its own simple network operating system, all high density processing can be performed on a single processor.
We have over 20 years of custom design and development experience in the telecommunications industry. Our expertise and extensive customization support will result in the product you want at an unbeatable cost. Since VOCAL provides both the hardware design and a complete, optimized software solution, the result is a fully integrated, robust product which can be brought to market quickly.
- Enterprise communications with videoconferencing
- Streaming video and audio players
- Information Appliances
- Home media gateway
- Distance Learning
Reference Design Kit
VOCAL’s Video PBX Reference Design Kit consists of a customizable, fully-functional hardware and software solution with:
- Complete custom firmware
- Technical engineering assistance with layout design and hardware bring-up
- Lifetime product maintenance and support
A complete listing of the technical specifications is available.
In general, the specifications of the Video PBX Reference Design include:
- 4.3″ 480(H) x 272(V) Widescreen Display with Touchscreen Control
- HVGA and QVGA interface
- VGA and WVGA Camera.
- 256MB SDRAM, 64MB Flash
- WIFI 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth 2.0
- USB 2.0
- AM/FM RDS Receiver and Digital Audio
- Speaker, Headphone, and Line Out Audio
- 35 button keypad, 17 LEDs capability
A complete listing of all the features is available.
Highlights of the Video PBX Reference Design include:
- Full color and motion video (H.264 and MPEG-4)
- Interlaced streaming video player (30 fps)
- Video conferencing
- Flexible device profiles
- SIP and/or MGCP support with multiple VoIP providers
- Encrypted communication using secure RTP (SRTP) with SDES or proprietary key negotiation
- Network stack with NAT/firewall support
- Voice codecs such as G.711, G723.1, G.726, G.729AB, MELP, and iLBC vocoders
- High performance G.168 echo canceller
- An extensive set of telephony features
- Call progress tones with world-wide configurability
- Ringing patterns with multiple ringing tones, message waiting (tone/ring/visual), etc
- Quality of service configurability
- Flexible configuration and provisioning options
- Multilingual Web configuration via built-in Web server and hierarchical user levels
- Mass production support for flashing code image, firmware configuration, and testing
- Remote administration and firmware update
- Power-off/911 service failover
The compliance of our telephony software to industry standards has been consistently demonstrated over the course of twenty years of software and hardware development and testing. Over 10 million ports of VOCAL products have been shipped by our customers using VOCAL’s voice processing, data and facsimile modulations, data protocols, facsimile command sets, and network protocol stacks. Many high density server systems have been developed using VOCAL software, each meeting extensive interoperability standards.
Our VoIP suite works seamlessly with popular industrial servers such as those available from Cisco, Quintum, NetCentrex, and Asterisk. VOCAL has conducted exhaustive compatibility and interoperability testing using many VoIP roviders. Example configurations for service providers such as Vonage, Broadsoft, Global Village, Free World Dialup, as well as many others are available. Device configuration can be completely managed using the web interface built into the firmware or restricted as desired by the licensee. For further information regarding compatibility and interoperability testing, please contact us.
The provisioning and continued management of deployed devices is a common consideration for many service providers and product manufacturers. VOCAL’s flexible software interface is designed to support many common provisioning restrictions, including hierarchical user access levels, restricted network or internet access, as well as manual or automatic firmware updates. We can customize our provisioning mechanisms to meet any specific requirements.
Individual advanced features may be configured based upon the customer’s service plan and administrators may prepare configuration change files and firmware updates for automatic distribution to deployed units. All tone and ring cadences are configurable to meet world-wide requirements and international call progress standards. Multilingual web access and configuration of the device through its built-in web server can be performed dynamically. Since configuration files may be developed for specific unitss or a whole product line with similar ease, management and control is under complete administrator control.